Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sloppy Joes

They just didn't seem all that sloppy to me. Step aside Manwich, there's a new Joe in town.

what you'll need:
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground meat (I had turkey)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 small bell pepper, chopped

brown meat with veggies, then add:
1/3 c. brown sugar
1-2 Tbs. steak seasoning blend (I had a pepper steak blend)

stir sugar and seasonings into meat well, then add:
1 T. worchestershire
1 T. rice vinegar
8 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 c. BBQ sauce (your favorite is fine here)
1/4 c. ketchup

stir well and let simmer on low until mixture thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
I really love those onion/poppy seed buns. They rock my world, but go crazy here as you'd like.

From Noshings

Experiment with serving over grain and/or veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment