Friday, December 17, 2010

REINDEER BITES

-1 box Nilla Wafers
-8 oz chocolate, melted
-1/4 cup toasted coconut

Melt the chocolate in the microwave and few seconds at a time, stirring in between.  Toast the coconut in a pan over medium-low heat until golden brown…make sure you keep stirring!!!  Once the chocolate is melted and the coconut is toasted, dip the Nilla wafers in chocolate and then dunk in the coconut. Set on a piece of wax paper (or foil or parchment…whatever) til they harden. This is a great meal little snack to have if you’re craving chocolate, vanilla, sugar, or just plain goodness. Or really anytime.
From Heather'sDish

JT -- I made these at Kris' house.  They are very easy to do and tasty too.  I added some shopped up roasted almonds.  I found they looked better if I dipped them in chocolate, layed on parchment, then placed a bit of coconut and/or almonds right on the cookie.  The Nilla wafer has a tendency to go soft pretty quickly.  I think they might hold the crisp better if the whole cookie was covered in chocolate (or maybe I shouldn't store them in the same bin as the peanut butter cookies!).

No comments:

Post a Comment